I’m fairly certain everyone loves brownies. They’re rich, alluring, and there are so many variations – there’s something to please everyone. This variation is perfect for those who cannot have, or are avoiding, gluten. Skipping out on the wheat flour doesn’t mean you have to forego the decadence that is associated with gooey, fudgy brownies. This recipe holds it’s own amongst any flour based brownie recipe I’ve ever tried.
I was very surprised at how thick and fudgy these brownies turned out, especially considering the simplicity of the recipe and that they literally only take 2 minutes to whip up. They’re rich and chewy, and studded with chocolate chips. I added a dash or two of espresso powder, which really enhances the cocoa flavors.
- 2 and 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 200 g ground almonds about 2 cups
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8×8-inch pan with parchment, letting it hang over the edges of pan.
- Whisk sugar with almonds, cocoa , salt and espresso powder in a large bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla. Add in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
- Scrape into prepared pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake until the top of the brownies are shiny and crispy and a cake tester inserted in center comes out almost clean, 40 to 45 min.
- Use parchment to lift brownie out and let cool completely on a rack.
Nutritional calculation was provided by WP Recipe Maker and is an estimation only. For special diets or medical issues please use your preferred calculator
Leave a Reply