Tis the season for parties and potlucks! Everyone needs a knock-out appetizer recipe, and this is my new favourite.
This post is sponsored by Grimms Fine Foods, who has made a generous donate to a charity of my choice, and is also offering you the change to win $130 in Grimms products.
Potlucks are seriously one of my all-time favourite parts of holiday parties. I could graze all day, and when we have a potluck at work, I usually do. The hardest part, is always figuring out what to bring. Search no more! This is such a satisfying appy, even my hubby who “doesn’t like potatoes” ate more then half of these himself.
These Capicolla con Papas in Crispy Tortilla Cups work great for a brunch, lunch, or dinner potluck. Mix them with potatoes and your choice of Grimm’s Cheese (cheddar or marble are a great choice) , serve in a crispy tortilla cup made with Grimm’s Flaxseed Tortillas, and you have a perfect finger food.
Grimms is celebrating the holiday’s by supporting local charities within our community. I volunteer annually at Cornwall Alternative School in Regina, and Grimms made a generous donation to help support their lunch program and to make their Christmas lunch celebration extra special. Kids should never have to worry about where their next meal is coming from, and Cornwall Alternative ensures the kids get breakfast and lunch, plus leftovers to take home.
Not only is Grimms helping local charities, they also want to make YOUR holiday extra bright, by offering a giveaway valued at $130! To enter, use the Rafflecopter app below, leave a comment (scroll to the very bottom of the page to do this) and follow Grimms on Facebook and Instagram!
This post and giveaway are sponsored by Grimms Fine Foods. As always, all opinions are my own.
- 2-3 Grimms Flaxseed Tortillas
- 1/2 lb potatoes or frozen hashbrowns
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Grimms Capiccola Toppers or Chorizo
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Heaping 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a 3-inch round biscuit/cookie cutter, cut 15-18 rounds from the tortillas. Gently press the tortilla rounds into the cups of a mini muffin tin. Bake at 400°F for 8 minutes. Remove from tin and cool.
- Peel and quarter potatoes, then boil until just tender. Drain and cool completely. Chop cooled potatoes into small chunks. A shortcut method is to thaw frozen hashbrowns instead.
- Add chopped Capicolla Toppers to a skillet over medium heat. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Add oil and onions to the pan, and saute until onions are soft and translucent. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add potatoes, and cook until heated through. Mix in cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the tortilla cups on a baking sheet. Fill each tortilla cup with Capicolla and potato mixture. Top with more shredded cheese. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and cups are heated through.
- Serve warm
Nutritional calculation was provided by WP Recipe Maker and is an estimation only. For special diets or medical issues please use your preferred calculator
Sounds delicious… I had no idea they made wraps.
These look delish! I’d love to try their Orinial Mini Peps and Feta cheese! Thanks for sharing!
These look delicious – will have to try for book club soon! And my go-to Grimms products so far are the garlic and farmers sausage!
One of my favourites is spicy Italian sausage.
I’d also like to try their Andouille sausage.
Oh I am hungry: JALAPENO & CHEDDAR BAVARIAN SMOKIES