Halloween is 10 days away, and I’m sure lots of you are planning parties for this weekend, or perhaps having potlucks at work the day of. So I figured I would get this fun idea up on the blog sooner than later.
In my office, our team does a food day on the first Wednesday of every month and this month, we chose a Halloween theme. I whipped up my favorite cheese ball recipe, which I have included here if you wish to use it, and then I simply rolled it in Doritos and stuck a bell pepper stem on top. It’s super easy, and very impressive! Everyone at work loved the cheese ball, and were blown away by the presentation. I’m sure this idea will be a hit with your co-workers, friends and kids!
Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 drops of tabasco *I usually use more than 3 drops
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 100 g deli ham roughly chopped
- Doritos crushed
- Stem of a bell pepper
- Mix the cream cheese and Mayo until smooth. Then add tabasco, mustard powder, onions, cheese and ham and mix until combined.
- Scoop the mixture onto plastic wrap and use the wrap to form into a pumpkin-shaped ball. Chill the ball for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, unwrap the cheese ball and roll in crushed doritos and press a bell pepper stem into the top.
Culinary Cool Original Recipe