This homemade dressing is lighter and packs more flavor than the creamy dressing you buy in the grocery store. Be sure to dress the salad lightly. A little goes a long way!
- 4 slices rustic white bread cubed or torn
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 50 g can of anchovies not drained
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 and 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice and zest of 1-2 lemons depending on your taste preference
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and torn
- 1/2 cup good quality Parmesan grated or thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Infuse the olive oil with garlic by heating the olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan until gently sizzling, remove and let cool slightly. Sprinkle the bread cubes with water then toss with the olive oil. Scatter on a baking tray and toast in the oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. **The water will help the crouton interior stay chewy while the oil will crisp the exterior.
- In your blender or food processor pulse the garlic, anchovies and mustard to a paste. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and process to a smooth dressing.
- Soak the romaine lettuce in cold water, transfer to a salad spinner and spin dry. Transfer to a large bowl. Dress lightly, reserving any leftover dressing in the refrigerator for your next salad, garnish with croutons and cheese, serve and share.
Nutritional calculation was provided by WP Recipe Maker and is an estimation only. For special diets or medical issues please use your preferred calculator